Thursday, March 31, 2011

ON ETIQUETTE; or, GOODBYE PDX! (ONCE MORE WITH FEELING)

really? the canadian dollar is stronger than ours? we'll definitely be filling the trunk at duty free before crossing the border, and the wine gums we bring back with us will be worth their weight in coffee beans -- word is that stumptown goes for twenty dollars a pound in new york.

my travel companion phoned this morning to say that she didn't think she'd have time to find me and give me the cash she wanted exchanged. (it's important to have a security detail that lives off the grid.) she asked if i'd just change a bit more than i'd planned to take for myself so that she could buy it from me later. "you just want two-hundred worth, then?" aren't words that should be spoken loudly over my work line. the conversation was harmless, sure, but it's silly to attract unnecessary attention. no one knows we're running those wine gums.

meet us at the drop off, vancouver.

No comments:

Post a Comment