Monday, June 28, 2010

PATTING OURSELVES ON THE BACK; or, HEY KETTLE, YOU'RE BLACK. LOVE POT.

mobylives blogged on that laura miller essay today. or they posted a distillation of it, anyway.

writing an opinion of an opinion that then found its way to a blog within the industry isn't anything special. it's just the internet -- and, sadly, nothing close to that scoop we're always chasing. but it makes me less unhappy to be stuck at this desk right now to think that my course of information gathering might sometimes run parallel to that of one of my favorite sources of information.

or maybe i'm so entrenched in a circular underpinning of my opinions that i'm just chasing my tail around to pre-determined (or at least obvious) conclusions, results and -- woe be to you, o reader -- stale cultural recommendations; in which case i've incapacitated myself in my ability to be an important critical voice of the new status quo. is 'looking good in pants' more out of touch the more we're in the know? discuss.

calling this one a draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment